ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS HOSTED BY REDHUB IN 2022
1. Redhub 24 April incorporates South African Cross Triathlon Championships for Cross Sprint, Cross Super Sprint and Cross Standard Distances.
2. Entries for Championship events are as per age groups. Age Group is selected as per athletes age on 31 December.
3. Minimum age for entering Sprint Distance events is: Junior Athletes from the age of 12 can participate. Super Sprint event for athletes aged 12-15, Sprint for athletes 16-19 and Standard distance for older athletes.
4. Athletes should be at least 18 years old on 31 December if the athlete wishes to compete in the Standard Distance events. Younger Athletes can only compete in Sprint or Super Sprint distance events.
5. Age groups are: 12-13,14-15, 16-19 for sprint events and 18-24 for standard events. Further senior age groups are 25-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-60,60+
6. Events are Sanctioned by Triathlon South Africa following ITU rules and regulations.