Redhub and Cradle Moon MTB Triathlon Series 2022/2023
How the Series Works.
1. Participants enter their MTB event in their age group. Age group results are published after the event, and event winners receive trophies on each event day.
2. The first five finishers in the MTB Sprint race and the MTB standard race receive points in the series, regardless of age. In the MTB Super Sprint race, juniors up to the age of 15 receive series points. Points are awarded: 7 points to the winner, 5 points for the second, 3 points for the third, 2 points for the fourth and 1 point for the 5th position. The MTB Duathlon is the option for those who prefer only running and cycling. For the Duathlon, points are awarded in the same manner as for the Triathlon.
3. Four events count towards the series, but participants receive their best total for 3 events. This rule allows for participants to take part in 3 events only and still score the maximum of 21 points for 3 first places in the series, or whatever points are accumulated for the best 3 events for an athlete. If participants score equal points in the series, the total time raced in the series is used to sperate positions.
4. The series is all about promoting MTB Triathlon. Cradle Moon Lakeside Game Lodge trails are the very best out there, and our sponsor, Solar Complete, is offering R 15 000 prize money to event podium places. The prize money is subject to a minimum of 100 participants per event. We are calling on all the experienced MTB Triathletes to call on friends, family members and their network to promote MTB Triathlon. A lucky draw prize for a weekend stay at Cradle Moon Lakeside Game Lode is up for all participants. Each finisher will receive a finishers medal. Each event winner will receive a trophy, and overall series winners, second and third, will receive series trophies. In addition, first and second-place finishers at each event will receive a free entry to the next event in the series.
5. The Series is for all mountain bikers experienced in Triathlon, Duathlon, or First-timers. Elite racers, Family Members, Corporate Members or just Mountain bikers looking to venture into the world of Triathlon.
6. The Four event series: Opening Event on 13 November and three events in 2023. (29 January, 5 March, 16 April).
Accumulate points for the series for the first five finishers in each event, Trophies, Prizes, Spot Prizes, and Series Winners. Various distances to choose from. No age group limitations. Exciting short Super Sprint Distance for 12-15-year-olds or Sprint and Standard Distance for Seniors. Or, for those who prefer to avoid the Swim, The Duathlon.
MTB Triathlon and Duathlon is an exciting challenge for all levels of fitness. Use your MTB, get your running shoes and swimming trunks out and join us on 13 November
POINTS STANDINGS WILL BE PUBLISHED AFTER EACH EVENT.