Key Points For Race Day
1. Registration is on Race day Sunday 10 March at the venue from 5:45 am.
2. Registration for Triathletes and Duathletes to the left of the transition area under the brown tent.
3. Swimmers Registration at the water front to the left of the dam wall. Swimmers register about 90 minutes before your event start only. No need to be at registration earlier.
4. Water temperature is such that wetsuits will be allowed (not compulsory) for all events. (Swim and Triathlon).
5. At registration you will receive a Chip and race number. Race number should be visable to enable identification for PHOTO purchase after the event. Our official race photographers will be Present Moments Photography. Link and photos will be available on THIS site from Tuesday/Wednesday after the event. PLEASE SUPPORT THEM AND BUY YOUR PHOTO.
6. Keep your exit band received at registration which allows you free exit from the venue. Spectators should please purchase their exit band at the venue for R30 to exit the venue.
7. Sprint Triathlon will be draft legal . Standard Road Triathlon and Duathlon is non drafting.
8. Toilets are available below the dam wall and also ample facilities in the main venue building.
9. Cradle Moon Lakeside Lodge is a reserve. Please do not litter . NOT DURING BEFORE OR AFTER THE EVENT.
10.Body marking will be used for Swimming events but not Triathlon.
11.Redhub Trophies on the day will be for event winners Male/Female only.Cross Tri athletes in the provincial championships will be awarded trophies for first 3 positions in each age category.
Cross Tri Championship 1.5/25/10 km race age group trophies position 1,2,3 for following age groups:
Cross Lite 750m/12k/5k Trophies for juniors as follows: Position 1,2 3
12. The points system will be updated after the event. Please diarise dates for the points scoring events remaining in the year. Trophies for Series position 1,2, and 3 will for each age group will be awarded for the series. (Including the swimming events).
13. PLEASE WEAR THE ANKLE TIMING CHIP ON YOUR LEFT ANKLE FACING OUT.
14. RED HELMET STICKER MUST BE PLACED ON FRONT of helmet for Standard Road Triathlon and Duathlon. BLUE sticker on front of helmet for ROAD SPRINT Triathlon.
15. AN EMAIL with this info and route descriptions will be sent to participants by Friday.
16. SWIM CAP MUST BE WORN in any swim event and must be bright coloured.
17. Sport watches are allowed in all Redhub swim events Triathlon and Open water Swim.
18. RACE briefing will be starting with Standard Road Triathlon and Duathlon and Standard Cross Triathlon at 7:00 am. Sprint event and Cross Tri Light after the start of the Standard distance events. Swim events briefing will be announced but will be about 20 minutes before scheduled time of the event.
19. Event start times:
7:30 am Standard Road Triathlon, Cross Tri Standard and Duathlon and Teams.
8:00 am Sprint Road and Tri Light.
8:30 3000 Meter Open Water Swim.
10:00 1500 Meter Open Water Swim.
11:30 750 Meter Swim.
20. Team event hand over ship in transition area to next member waiting at the bike.
21. No set cut-off times. TSA officials will control access to transition area. Bike collection from 11:15.
22. No set facility for bags and equipment , but bags can be neatly placed with your bike inside transition area.
23. Please LOOK FOR AND FOLLOW ROUTE MARKERS ON THE RUN , MTB etc.
24. Redx Bikes are the bike sponsor for the event . 15% discount will be in place for entrants for the month of March.