How It Works!
1. Only Event in South Africa based on Super league enduro format. Short sharp route , 3 swims, 3 cycles , 3 runs constitute one race.Your race is by age group batches. Every race structured in exactly the same format. 4 Races on the day. All inside the venue at Cradle Moon Lakeside Lodge. Designed for the Triathlon newcomer and seasoned Triathlete. Spectator friendly. Bring your family and friends to see you race as it happens each step of the way.
2. You enter your age group Cat. Your age group will be included in one of 3 race starts on the day. You compete in your age group race for a age group position. If your age group time qualifies you to take part in the last race of the day against the top 50 performers of all the age group races, you race a second time in the Final Race.(Race 4. RACE 4 is ONLY 2 swims,2cycles and 2 runs).
3.Format of each race: 300 meter swim, into transition and out on the bike for 4000 meters cycle. (2 laps cycling each lap 2000 meters). Back into transition and out on a 1600 meter run. Straight back through transition and into the water for a second swim of 300 meters to start your race lap 2. Lap 2 is the same as lap 1, 300 meter swim , 4000 meter cycle and 1600 meter run. Again through transition and back into the water to start your 3rd and final swim, 3rd and final 4000 meter cycle and 3rd and final 1600 meter run to finish your race. (12-13 Years only 2 Laps total).
4. You have to manage 8 transitions! 3 after each of 3 swims, and 3 after each of 3 cycles. 2 More transitions after the first two runs.You can keep your swim cap tucked into your Tri Suit on the cycle and run for lap 1 and 2 . After each run you move through the transition area ,drop your running shoes at your bike then straight into the water.
5. If you only mange 2 complete laps of the race distance in the allowed time only, do not dispair, you still receive your finishing position in your age group. Cut Off time for a race is 1 hour 45 minutes. (See pacing chart below for an idea of required pace to finish 3 laps).
6. Two transition areas are used , in parallel so that athletes have time to rack and remove bikes as other races are in progress. Detailed time schedules for age groups will be communicated closer to race date.
7. 2020 Super Series will be a series with race dates being 12 January , 1 March and 5 April 2020. Book the dates in your calendar for the fun and excitement.
8. Age groups are: (Taking into considering your age as at 31 December).
Youth 12-15 (Minimum age turning 12 during the year).
Sub Vets 30-39.
8. Entry Fees for Event. Until 3 weeks before the event R 590, thereafter R 650 .
(Juniors - 40%).
*NO REFUNDS , but you can move your entry to a later date for a R 100 admin fee.
9. Day licenses R 35 , if you do not have an annual TSA license.
10. Bikes allowed Road or MTB , but no Time Trial bikes for safety reasons.
11. Cycling course is tight and technical.
11. Drafting will be allowed.
12. First race will start at 6:30 am, Race 2 at 8:00am, race 3 at 9:30 andFinal race at 11:45 . Juniors and youth will be off at 6:30 am. Age groups will be combined , depending on age groups entries received Male and Female. Start batched per race 75-85 allowed.
13. Maximum entries on the day 250.
Cycle Route and Profile
Running Route and Profile